BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Reflect me: The memoir of Ronald Lashley

Preface
This is a clutch basketball story. This summer I have been playing more basketball than before. I have hit many clutch three pointers in my age group and older age groups. In my age group, fourteen and under I hit a clutch three pointer to put us done by one point late in the fourth quarter even though it resulted into a lost by three points. In a higher age group sixteen and under I hit a clutch three to take a one point lead late in the fourth quarter. The game resulted into the game going into over time and later on into a win. During these two moments the emotions in the gym and outside on the court was palpable due to the tension of the game.
 
 
 
I am Me
I am Ronald Maurice Lashley, a child of Ronald Lashley and Gwendolyn Lawrence. I grew up mostly in Bedford-Stuyvesant Brooklyn, New York. I grew up in that area because of my elementary school P.S.305 which was a block away from my grandmother Janie Lawrence house. Even though I didn’t actually live there it was basically my home. The emotions in my grandmothers house was palpable no matter if people was talking or not. I am a person who may not be the toughest which makes it so I now how far I go with certain people. I am a person who listens to hip hop and R&B and who ever is making clairvoyant music.

May 20th


On May 20th it was my birthday. I had to go to school because it was a weekday and school is every important. On that day, being a kid I did not want to go to school to just do work all day and later go home and have to do homework. On that day my apartment was getting painted which really caused me to become upset. Every step me or my parents and sister took through the house you heard plastic with no walls to lean on. The one thing that was actually was a good thing was that I got a strawberry cheesecake which was my favorite. On this day I was able to realize that my birthday is more about becoming older and maturing through life and the anniversary of your birth.

Say Good Bye


I lost my innocence when I began to fight and talk back. As a child I felt much stronger being able to stand up for my self even if it was the wrong person or time. When talking back it was the wrong person when I did it to people such as teachers, my parents or any other adult figure. In school I began to lose my innocence when I reached about 3rd and 4th Grade. In school I began to lose my innocence when I became talkative and began to miss work such as homework. I began not doing homework because my parents weren’t sitting there with me when I did my homework to make sure that I did it. With homework since I became able to go outside by myself, I would sit there doing only some of my homework and say I was done so that I can go outside to make they rest of the day blithe. As a younger child my parents used to sit there with me as I did my homework and helped me with it. In class since I began to become talkative I became more conspicuous in class and I had incomplete class work because I would do more talking than working.

0 comments: