BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shocking Brawl















A Brawl broke out during a basketball game at Monessen High School late last week.It happened during halftime of a basketball game between Monessen and Washington high schools Friday night. Mario Tarver, a 15-year-old student at Monessen High School says a fight between two girls spiraled out of control and he got caught in the melee in that spilled out the hallway. "I just started to walk away from him and he told the other officer to get me. When I got around the corner, he started to tase me and my track coach tried to help me," said Tarver. "It was like a stabbing, and once I fell - this lady stood over me. I just got up and tried to get to my mom. Students and parents in the Monessen School District say they're embarrassed after a fight following the boys varsity basketball game ended with arrests and police tasing a student. 

A taser is an electroshock weapon that uses electrical current to disrupt voluntary control of muscles. Its manufacturer, Taser International, calls the effects "neuromuscular incapacitation" Someone struck by a Taser experiences stimulation of his or her sensory nerves and motor nerves, resulting in strong involuntary muscle contractions and the devices' mechanism "Electro-Muscular Disruption (EMD) technology".

To me this taser incident wasn't needed because all they have to do was call back up to call to get the students out the building and to send everybody home. This situation did not need students to me tased  to try to get their point across.


Police Taser Student at Basketball Game

0 comments: